How you can get involved
As a member of the Pre-school Learning Alliance, Step By Step Pre-school (Billericay) recognises parents as the first and most important educators of their children. The staff members see themselves as co-workers with you in providing care and education for your child. There are many ways in which parents take part in making the Pre-school a welcoming and stimulating place for children and parents, such as:
– exchanging knowledge about their children’s needs, activities, interests and progress with the staff;
– helping at sessions of the Pre-school;
– sharing their own special interests with the children;
– helping to provide, make and look after the equipment and materials used in the children’s play activities;
– being part of the management of the Pre-school ;
– taking part in events and informal discussions about the activities and curriculum provided by the Pre-school;
– joining in community activities in which the Pre-school takes part; and
– building friendships with other parents in the Pre-school.
The parents’ rota
The Pre-school has a dated rota which you can sign if you would like to help at a particular session or sessions of the Pre-school. Helping at the session enables you to see what the day-to-day life of the Pre-school is like and to join in helping the children to get the best out of their activities.
Joining the rota is not the only means of taking part in the life of the Pre-school. You can offer to take part in a session by sharing your own interests and skills with the children. Alternatively the Committee are always looking for assistance with events.