A few words about Step by Step . . .
Step by Step Pre-school is a non-denominational pre-school in Billericay, Essex. The pre-school was founded in 2004 after a privately owned early years pre-school was closed on the same site in the Summer of that year. The then staff (a number of whom are still at our setting today) and several parents decided to set up another pre-school as a Committee Run Charity, and Step by Step was born! The pre-school was officially opened by John Baron MP for Billericay in September 2004 and we haven’t looked back since!
Our setting has a long held regard for children learning through their play and we believe that by observing their actions and interacting with them, we can understand more about how each individual child learns and how we can support them in doing so.
It has always been our intention that all our families and children feel a part of the setting and that they feel valued, cared for and listened to. The staff endeavours to know all our families well and we foster reciprocity and respect through our strong relationships with them.
We are proud to have always enjoyed a low staff turnover which we are aware ensures that parents feel consistency for both themselves and their children on a daily basis. This consistency goes a long way to embed a sense of belonging and familiarity for our families which in turn helps to create a lovely child-friendly and welcoming atmosphere which has been commented upon frequently over the years, and is still the same today.
Step by Step Pre-school (Billericay) will:
– provide high quality care and education for children primarily below statutory school age;
– work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop;
– add to the life and well-being of its local community; and
– offer children and their parents a service which promotes equality and values diversity.
– follow the Curriculum for the Foundation Stage, which covers Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Communication, Language and Literacy, Mathematical Development, Knowledge and Understanding of the World, Creative Development and Physical Development;
– work to its operational plan (available on request).
As a member of Step by Step Pre-school (Billericay), your child:
– is in a safe and stimulating environment;
– is given generous care and attention, because of our high ratio of adults to children;
– has the chance to join with other children and adults to play, work and learn together;
– is helped to take forward her/his learning and development by being helped to build on what she/he already knows and can do;
– has the chance to establish the basis of reading and writing through well chosen stories, songs, rhymes and games;
– is helped to create habits of listening, sharing and concentration and pride in their achievements;
– has a personal key worker who makes sure your child makes satisfying progress;
– is in a pre-school which sees you as a partner in helping your child to learn and develop; and
– is in a pre-school in which parents help to shape the service it offers.